Return to Fombell Camps
Simon Camp at Eckert Stop
Marion Twp, Beaver Co., PA
This appears to have been a family camp. The only reference we have to this camp comes from an article in the New Castle News, July 24, 1917.
"SIMON FAMILY ESTABLISHES CAMP"
"ELLWOOD CITY, July 24. - The Simon brothers have established a camp at Eckert stop on the Harmony line. They anticipate spending a greater part of the balance of the summer in this camp. It is expected they may stage a number of social events for their friends."
FYI - Eckert Stop on the Harmony Line was located presently where Herman Road meets Route 588. At that time, that road continued on north and met up with present day Eckert Stop Road. The Eckert farm was along this road. Route 588 was the Harmony Line.
These are the Simon brothers from Russia who opened Simon's Clothes Shop in Ellwood City in 1917. They were Joseph D., Lewis H., Morris, Jacob & Henry, sons of Philip & Zelda Simon.